Monday, December 13, 2010

The playhouse


You might remember a post from several months ago about the child size china cabinet that is special to our family. A few too many projects took over and I did not get to finish this when I wanted, but it is now repainted with new hardware. The doll bed in the corner was my mom's and grandma's. For the playhouse, we have turned the closet under the stairs into a little play space for J. I always dreamed of having a playhouse as a little girl and since I never had my playhouse I have always wanted to build one for my children. I still have that dream, but the closet is perfect for now until J grows too tall. She loves it!

2 comments:

  1. I love things like that that really have meaning -- so fun to have it passed down in the family. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is soo cute! I loved seeing that when I came over, it is the perfect playhouse for her. I bet she loved it!
    I always wanted a playhouse too - so bad that I "built" one myself on the side of our house with my sister when I was 9. We nailed some boards together and stuck it/half buried it in the ground, then propped a big board between our homemade wall and the fence, so it was an angled roof. Then only problem is that it wasn[t secured, so the roof would fall down sometimes! oh well we tried.

    ReplyDelete