Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A few of my favorite houses...







I always love having a reason to pass by these houses. The first one is top on my list as I have always loved colonial style houses. In high school we went on a trip to Boston and we toured Concord and Lexington and a small town called Grafton where some of my ancestors were from. We were able to see some of the actual houses that my ancestors lived in including going into the home where my great-great grandfather was born. I love the symmetry in the architecture and just how classic the style is.
The last three houses are such cute cottage houses and I have always loved driving by them. The last house is one that we often pass by on the way to my parents' house and it always looks magazine perfect. I especially love how the decorate for the holidays.
Is anyone up for the challenge to find some of your favorite houses?



1 comment:

  1. Those houses are awesome! I love old architecture too, and I feel like we don't have as much out west. I will try to post my favorite houses too, next time I am out I will bring the camera. There's some way cool ones by UNR and off plum lane, plumas area. Wait, is that where your parents live? I also like some of the ones in old downtown sparks too, the vicotrian style ones.

    ReplyDelete