Monday, November 15, 2010

Neighbors













These adorable kids were our neighbors for three short months. When our realtor took me to see our house for the first time, their family was out playing on the front lawn. Although I did not know that this would be the house that we would put an offer on I felt hope to have such great neighbors and thought this better be a good house because the neighbors had me sold. We had some frustrating neighbor problems at our old house and this was one of our big requirements in a new house-to find a good safe neighborhood (and fun neighbors too). They asked me if I was LDS and so we found out that we both go to the same (Mormon) church. We did get the house right next door and you can imagine the comfort that gave me just to know that we had great people so close to us. We had some fun times visiting out front while watching the kids ride their bikes and scooters, etc. They even gave J a Barbie bike that she calls her "Darbie" bike. Then about a month ago, they announced that they would be moving to Chicago. We have been so sad as last Thursday they ventured out on their journey to their new city. So far away. It is so sad to drive by their house and to know that they are not there. Life has some hard lessons and it is so hard to make new friends and have them move away. We have only known them for a short time, but we already feel like they are special friends. I know that we all miss them.



No comments:

Post a Comment